PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR SITE! Do not submit resumes through Indeed or other External Sources as it does not capture the full application.
About City on a Hill (CoaH)
City on a Hill graduates college-ready students that are responsible, resourceful and respectful democratic citizens, who are prepared to compete in 21st century community, culture and commerce. We do so by emphasizing academic achievement, citizenship, teacher leadership, and public accountability.
As a member of the City on a Hill Charter Public School Operations Team, the Human Capital Coordinator will work closely with other administrators to ensure the accuracy and prompt delivery of all human capital services, including onboarding, benefits management, data entry, recruitment, retention, and state/federal compliance.
The Human Capital Coordinator serves as the lead project manager for critical initiatives that span the organization and support our teachers and staff to fulfill our organizational goals. This is the right role for a person whose passion is executing and improving upon systems, enjoys detail oriented work, and is looking to be part of a small-yet-mighty team. The role directly reports to the Executive Director.
Employee Onboarding, Off-boarding, and Support (30%)
- Serve as main point of contact for all Human Capital related questions and concerns, including maintaining the Human Capital email inbox and holding office hours;
- Lead smooth onboarding/off-boarding of new/exiting employees, including:
- Maintaining our HRIS (BambooHR) with appropriate documentation of personnel files, onboarding paperwork, fingerprint/background checks and verifications in accordance with City on a Hill and Massachusetts state policies
- Coordinating staff exit interviews, ensuring collection of school equipment, and completing documentation of post-employment notices
- Ensure that employees are enrolled into selected benefits and retirement plans, and act as a liaison between employees and benefit broker to ensure that employee information changes, such as address updates, name changes, etc.
Human Capital Administration, Data & Compliance (55%)
- Lead yearly Human Capital-related compliance initiatives, including staff training, notices, policy/handbook updates, in collaboration with the Director of Teacher Development & Compliance while staying up to date on requirements;
- Collaborate with the Finance Team to execute semi-monthly payroll process, and support annual audits by collecting, compiling, and entering data as needed;
- Support Executive Director in collective bargaining with relevant unions as directed;
- Act as Title IX and Civil Rights Coordinator by upholding City on a Hill’s anti-discrimination policies, ensuring compliance in our Title IX and Civil Rights programs and investigating reports, as necessary;
- Execute special projects and other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Recruitment, Retention & Belonging (15%)
- Manage annual recommitment and recruitment processes by collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team to identify positions, develop job descriptions, attend job fairs, conduct initial interviews, provide logistical support for selection days, and assist Leadership in delivering employment offers;
- Own all teacher and staff climate data by working with partners to create surveys, compile and analyze data, and present opportunities for improvement of retention strategies;
- Support City on a Hill’s Diversity, Inclusion, Civic Engagement, and Equity (DICEE) Initiatives
- A belief that all students can and must learn at high levels and a commitment your own continued learning, particularly as it relates to City on a Hill’s journey to operating as an anti-racist school;
- 2-5 years of human capital experience, preferably in a K-12/non-profit environment, in which you demonstrated strong ownership and communication;
- Above-average organizational skills with an ability to process a high volume of work without sacrificing attention to detail or your customer service orientation; and
- Unwavering integrity and ability to maintain the confidentiality of employment information and trust of our staff
- Degree in Human Resources, Education, or Business Administration or PHR/SPHR certification
- Previous experience as a classroom teacher or demonstrated understanding of teachers’ needs
- Experience using Bamboo HRIS and ADP
- Experience using PowerSchool, or other student information systems
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences which may be transferable to this role. We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, and gender-non-conforming people to apply for open positions.
It is the policy of City on a Hill Charter Public School to obtain all available Federal and State background information through both SAFIS (Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services) and CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), as allowed by law, of all employees and prospective employees of the school.
City on a Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, City on a Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.